One of my favorite chocolate treats growing up was definitely Raisinets. I would eat them daily. I do recall classifying them as a healthy dessert and would even eat two bags a day sometimes, ha. I have now found a way to make these chocolate covered treats in a more health-conscious way.
These put a sweet spin on the typical Raisinet, as the coconut oil and clove spices give it a unique flavor. The coconut oil is good for thinning out the chocolate, but also provides a lovely mellow coconut flavor, yet with no artificial flavors or synthetic ingredients.
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
1-2 tsp virgin coconut oil (more for thinner chocolate, less for thicker)
1/8-1/4 tsp cloves or cinnamon (optional)
1. Melt the chocolate in anyway you please. I did in a pot via stovetop on the lowest setting.
2. Mix in coconut oil and if desired, spices.
3. Add in raisins and mix until all is coated
4. Pour and spread out mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
5. Place into fridge to harden
6. Once hardened, break up pieces and eat!!
Like I said, super simple and delicious. Store the rest (if there is any left!) in the fridge.
I hope you enjoy!