So how does double dark chocolate peanut butter cups sounds? How about with added coffee for a mocha treat?
Yeahhh, I’m sold.
I received a jar of chocolate peanut butter from Vida Vegan Con (man I still feel so lucky for coming across all of the sweet swag from the conference), which gave me inspiration for these bits o’ chocolate goodness.
I enjoy these because they are supa simple to make, yet quite a treat to bite into.
Yields: 5 large, chocolatey PB cups (or about 15 mini cups)
3/4 cup chocolate chips*
1 tsp coconut oil (or other shortening)
1/4 tsp vanilla (optional)
1/2-1.5 tsp ground coffee
chocolate peanut butter (any nut butter will do really, I used the choc. PB for a divine creation)
1. Melt chocolate chips using your preferred method (double boiler, stove top, or microwave)
2. Stir in coconut oil (this step is to thin out the chocolate and make it easier to spread into cups), vanilla, and coffee
3. Spoon a nice, not too thick, layer of chocolate into cup liners.
4. Add a layer of nut butter into center of cups. I would recommend flattening the peanut butter prior to layering into cups, so that the top layer of chocolate is flat.
5. Place into fridge/freezer for a few minutes to harden up, if you please. This step is optional.
6. Add top layer of melted chocolate. Make sure to cover up entire surface, eventually forming a flat chocolate layer.
7. Place in fridge to solidify
8. Eat! Or store in fridge
*Ya know, you can make this recipe using your own raw chocolate creation. Check out this recipe for instructions on how to make the chocolate..Raw Cacao Hemp Sunflower Seed Butter Cups or this one: Sea Salt Cacao Caramel Cups